In what has become a very popular and anticipated Viewpoint tradition, the December Member Night will be the Holiday Party and Gift Print Exchange--we hope you'll join us!
Wednesday, December 12
Refreshments, 6:30 p.m.; Print Exchange 7:00 p.m.
For those new to the event, the Gift Print Exchange is much like a white elephant exchange, with gift openings, thefts, broken hearts, and wild euphoria. The only difference is that the gifts are all fine photographs by Viewpoint members. Previous Print Exchanges have been tremendously successful; last year, over 65 prints changed hands.
The Gift Print Exchange is an optional part of the celebration, of course, and it's almost as much fun for spectators as for participants. We encourage all members to attend, whether you choose to join in the Gift Print Exchange or not.
To participate, you just need to bring a mounted and wrapped photographic print. As always, please follow these guidelines for the Gift Print Exchange:
* Prints can be any size you choose.
* Digital prints should be made using archival inks.
* Prints should be mounted and matted as for the Members'
Exhibit (with acid-free over-mat and mount board).
* Prints should be signed, and your name should be printed legibly
on the back of the mounting board.
* Prints should be in clear protective sleeves and gift-wrapped,
with no gift tag.
* Subject matter should be tasteful and appropriate.
* In other words: Bring a print that you would be proud to exhibit
and happy to receive.
We'll have a good time celebrating another great year for Viewpoint!